Southern Way Play Park
Southern Way and St Mary’s Community Association is a registered charity formed in 2009 to manage and oversee the playpark at Southern Way in east Folkestone and to promote safe and healthy activities for children. The playground was created in 2008, using land donated by Southern Water and with funds raised partly by children from St Mary’s Primary School, now St Mary’s Academy. The school and local community members continue to maintain the area, and to raise funds for improvements, including purchasing and planting trees.
The Roger De Haan Charitable Trust made donations totalling £18,000 to the project, and in 2014, gave a further £1500 to help purchase two picnic benches for use by families visiting the playground.